James E. Hoffman, M.D.
- Fax: 305-243-9161
- American Board of Internal Med-Medical Oncology
- American Board of Internal Med-Hematology
- Hematology/Oncology - Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine
Myeloma, Amyloidosis, POEMS, Monoclonal gammopathy, MGUS, Waldentroms
Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
New York University Medical Center
New York University Medical Center
2002 Graduate Degree
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Hoffman J, and Lossos I. Lymphoma Associated Hemophagocytic Syndrome- It’s Going Viral. Commentary in Leukemia & Lymphoma. Accepted for Publication. Feb 2014.
- Apridonidze T, Steingart R, Comenzo RL, Hoffman J, Goldsmith Y, Liu J. Clinical and Echocardiographic Correlates of Elevated Troponin in Amyloid Light-Chain Cardiac Amyloidosis. Am J Cardiology, Oct 2012.
- Zhou P, Hoffman J, Landau HJ, Hassoun H, Iyer L, Comenzo RL. Clonal Plasma Cell Pathophysiology and Clinical Features of Disease Are Linked to Clonal Plasma Cell Expression of Cyclin D1 (CCND1) in AL Amyloidosis. Clin Lymph Myel Leuk, Nov 2011.
- Pinto D, Kernan W, Hoffman J, Ibrahim M, Bastos B. Reversible Posterior Leukoencephalopathy Syndrome Secondary to Bevacizumab: a Case Report. J Hematol Oncol Pharm. 2011; 1(2):10-14
- Landau HJ, Hoffman J, Hassoun H, Elizabeth H, Bello C, Riedel E, Nimer SD, Cohen A, Comenzo RL. Risk-Adapted Intravenous Melphalan with Stem Cell Transplant and Adjuvant Bortezomib and Dexamethasone for Recently Diagnosed Untreated Patients with Systemic Light-Chain (AL) Amyloidosis. J Clin Oncol 2009;27(15S):8540
- Goldsmith Y, Liu J, Chou J, Hoffman J, Comenzo RL, Steingart R. Frequencies and Types of Arrhythmias in Patients with Systemic Light-chain (AL) Amyloidosis with Cardiac Involvement Undergoing Stem Cell Transplant on Telemetry Monitoring. Am J Cardiology, Oct 2009
- Hoffman J, Jhanwar S, Comenzo RL. AL Amyloidosis and Progression to Multiple Myeloma with gain(1q). BJH, Mar 2009
- Lebovic D, Hoffman J, Levine BM, Hassoun, H, Landau H, Maurer M, Steingart R, Comenzo RL. Predictors of Survival in Patients with Systemic Light-Chain Amyloidosis and Cardiac Involvement Ineligible for Stem Cell Transplantation and Treated with Oral Melphalan and Dexamethasone. BJ Hematology, Aug 4, 2008.
- Zhou P, Comenzo RL, Olshen AB, Bonvini E, Koenig S, Maslak PG, Fleisher M, Hoffman J, Jhanwar S, Young JW, Nimer SD, Boruchov AM. CD32B is Highly Expressed on Clonal Plasma Cells from Patients with Systemic Light-chain Amyloidosis and Provides a Target for Monoclonal Antibody-based Therapy. Blood, Jan 23, 2008.
James Hoffman, M.D. is a board certified hematology oncologist. He completed his undergraduate studies at Columbia University and attended medical school at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York.
Dr. Hoffman completed his internship and residency program in internal medicine, and served as chief medical resident at New York University Medical Center. Dr. Hoffman is a Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center trained fellow specializing in medical oncology and hematology with a focus on plasma cell diseases including multiple myeloma and amyloidosis. He has lectured on behalf of the Amyloidosis Foundation, and is the editor for the Amyloidosis section of the National Organization of Rare Diseases (NORD).
Prior to joining the Sylvester Cancer Center, Dr. Hoffman served as a faculty member in the hematology oncology division at the Cleveland Clinic in Florida where he was director of the clinical lab.