Michele I. Morris, M.D.
- Fax: 305-243-4037
- American Board of Internal Med-Infectious Diseases
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Infectious Disease - Internal Medicine
- Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine
- Director, Immunocompromised Host Section
Infections in immunocompromised patients including solid organ and stem cell transplant recipients, hematology/oncology patients, primary immunodeficiency patients, and patients treated with immunosuppressive agents for rheumatologic, gastrointestinal, or dermatologic conditions
Invasive fungal infections
Tropical infectious diseases in immunocompromised patients
Pre-transplant evaluation and clearance
HIV management in transplant candidates or recipients and patients receiving cancer treatment
Opportunistic infections in immunocompromised patients
Organ donor derived infections, especially geographic and endemic infections including mycobacteria, fungi, & parasites
Mycobacterial infections, particularly tuberculosis
Invasive fungal infections
VIral infections in transplant recipients
Elected to fellowship, American Society of Transplantation
Elected to fellowship, Infectious Diseases Society of America
Elected to fellowship, American College of Physicians
Medical College of Pennsylvania
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Harbor-University of California at Los Angeles Medical Center
- See more publications
- Morris MI. Posaconazole: A new oral antifungal agent with an expanded spectrum of activity. Am J Health Syst Pharm 2009 Feb 1;66(3):225-36.
- Lichtenberger P, Rosa-Cunha I, Morris M, Nishida S, Akpinar E, Gaitan J, Tzakis A, Doblecki-Lewis S. Hyperinfection strongyloidiasis in a liver transplant recipient treated with parenteral ivermectin. Transp Infec Dis 2008 Dec 3 [Epub ahead of print.]
- Doblecki-Lewis S, Palaios E, Bejarano P, Tzakis A, Selvaggi G, Morris MI. Hepatic gas gangrene following orthotopic liver transplantation: three cases treated with retransplantation and a review of the literature. Transp Infect Dis 2008 Jul;10(4):280-5. Epub 2007 Dec 7.
- Garrison AP, Procop GW, Vincek V, Moon J, Morris MI, Doblecki-Lewis S, Cleary TJ, Brust D, Rosa-Cunha I. A case of subcutaneous Mycoleptodiscus indicus infection in a liver transplant recipient successfully treated with antifungal therapy. Transp Infect Dis 2008;10:218-220.
- Alcaide ML, Abbo L, Pano JR, Weppler D, Moon JI, Morris MI. Herpes zoster infection after liver transplantation in patients receiving induction therapy with alemtuzumab. Clin Transplant 2008;22:502-507.
- Morris M, Villmann M. Echinocandins in the management of invasive fungal infections, Part 1. Am J Health-Syst Pharm. Sep 15, 2006;53:1693-1703.
- Morris M, Villmann M. Echinocandins in the management of invasive fungal infections, Part 2. Am J Health-Syst Pharm. Oct 1, 2006;63:1813-1820.
- Morris MI, Fishman JE. Pulmonary Infections in the immunocompromised host. In: McAdams HP, Reddy GP, eds. Cardiopulmonary Imaging: Categorical Course Syllabus. American Roentgen Ray Society 2005;85-104.