Monica D. Dowling, Ph.D.
- Fax: 305-243-4512
- Clinical Child & Adolescent Psychology
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics
Learning disabilities, autism and social communication disorders, psychological assessment, Neuropsychological assessment, and Applications of AT and AAC
Early diagnosis of autism and learning problems and Assistive technology (AT) for communication
University of Miami
New York University
- Lage, Onelia G., Dowling, M., & Abraham-Pratt, I. (2008). Mental health screening for urban young adults at a free STI/HIV clinic. Manuscript submitted for publication.
- Thevenin, D. M., Baker, A., Kato, T., Tzakis, A., Fernandez, M. & Dowling, M. (2005). Long-term Cognitive Outcomes of Pediatric Multivisceral Transplant Recipients. 3rd Congress of the International Pediatric Transplant Association, Innsbruck, Austria, Pediatric Transplantation Volume 9, Supplement No. 6, Abstract.
- Field, TM, Lasko, C., Mundy, P., Henteleff, T., Talpins, S., and Dowling, M. (1997). Autistic children’s attentiveness and responsivity improved after touch therapy. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 27, 329-334.
- Field, T.M., Sandberg, D., Goldstein, S., Garcia, R., Vega-Lahr, N., Porter, K., & Dowling, M. (1987). Play interactions and interviews of depressed and conduct disordered children and their mothers. Child Psychiatry and Human Development, 17, 213-234.
Monica Dowling, PhD Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics EDUCATION/TRAINING (Begin with baccalaureate or other initial professional education, such as nursing, and include postdoctoral training). INSTITUTION AND LOCATION DEGREE (if applicable) YEAR(s) FIELD OF STUDY New York University, New York, NY Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL University of Miami, Miami, FL B.A. M.Ed. Ph.D. 1972 1978 1988 Psychology School Psychology Clinical Psychology RESEARCH AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE: Concluding with present position, list, in chronological order, previous employment, experience, and honors. Include present membership on any Federal Government public advisory committee. List, in chronological order, the titles, all authors, and complete references to all publications during the past three years and to representative earlier publications pertinent to this application. If the list of publications in the last three years exceeds two pages, select the most pertinent publications.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE: 2002 to date Assistant Professor, Division of Clinical Psychology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Miami 1988 to 2002 Adjunct Faculty, Center for Psychological Studies, Nova Southeastern University 1999 to 2002 Clinical Director, Children & Families Consortium, Easter Seal 1999 to 2002 Private Practice, David Max & Associates 1987 to 1999 Director of Testing & Research, LaBonte Institute/Family Center, Nova Southeastern University 1979 to 1981 School Psychologist, Department of Early Childhood, School Board of Broward County (FL) AREAS OF CONCENTRATION: Early learning and behavior problems; learning disabilities, autism spectrum disorders MEMBERSHIPS: American Psychological Association Autism Society Council for Exceptional Children.