Michael G. Baraga, M.D.
- Fax: 305-689-0106
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine-Orthopaedics
- Assistant Professor of Orthopaedics
- Associate Program Director, Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program
- Program Director, Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Fellowship Program
- Team Physician, Miami Marlins
- Team Physician, University of Miami Athletics
- Team Physician, University of Miami Men's Basketball
- Team Physician, University of Miami Women's Basketball
- Team Physician, University of Miami Women's Soccer
Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries, knee dislocations (multiligament knee injuries), patellar dislocations.
Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) injuries, prevention, treatment, surgical techniques, knee ligament injuries, knee dislocations, patella dislocations.
2011 - 2012 Fellowship
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
2006 - 2011 Residency
University of Miami/Jackson Health System
2002 - 2006 M.D.
University of Puerto Rico - Medical Sciences Campus
1998 - 2002 B.S.
University of Puerto Rico - Rio Piedras
- A Patient's Guide to Graft Selection for Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction
- Baseline Cartilage Thickness and Meniscus Extrusion Predict Longitudinal Cartilage Loss by Quantitative Magnetic Resonance Imaging: Data From the Osteoarthritis Initiative.
- Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction tunnel size: causes of tunnel enlargement and implications for single versus two-stage revision reconstruction.
- Knee Injuries in American Football: An Epidemiological Review.
- Radiographic assessment of the postoperative knee.
- Osteochondritis Dissecans of the Glenoid in a Major League Baseball Prospect: A Case Report
- US National Practice Patterns in Ambulatory Operative Management of Lateral Epicondylitis.
- Trends in Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction in the United States.
- Return to Sport Following Surgery for a Complicated Tibia and Fibula Fracture in a Collegiate Women's Soccer Player with a Low Level of Kinesiophobia.
- Wrisberg-variant discoid lateral meniscus: current concepts, treatment options, and imaging features with emphasis on dynamic ultrasonography.
- Treatment of Popliteal (Baker) Cysts With Ultrasound-Guided Aspiration, Fenestration, and Injection: Long-term Follow-up.
- Individualized Anatomic Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Reconstruction (multimedia presentation)
- Strategies for revision after primary double-bundle anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction
- Glenohumeral Findings on Magnetic Resonance Imaging Correlate With Innings Pitched in Asymptomatic Pitchers
- Surgical Technique in Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction: Partial-Tear and Bundle-Specific Reconstruction. In Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction: Evolving Concepts.
- Anterior cruciate ligament injury and access to care in South Florida: does insurance status play a role?
- Anterior cruciate ligament healing and advances in imaging.
Michael G. Baraga, MD, a sports medicine specialist and surgeon, is an assistant professor with UHealth Sports Medicine, a division of the Department of Orthopaedics at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. The division is the official sports medicine provider for the Miami Hurricanes and Miami Marlins.